So a few of you asked about what to do for breakfast and I am happy to share some tips and recipes. Bon Appetite!
First, any food you can eat at other meals works great for breakfast. Salad? Sure! Gilled shrimp? Why not? Ok ok… I know, that’s weird, right? We want breakfast. That special meal that typically isn’t repeated later in the day. Here’s some ideas:
– eggs and bacon, natch
– spinach muffins from the “Well Fed” cookbook. This is a great recipe to make on the weekends and then reheat during the week. It tastes like a spinach souffle.
– breakfast burrito! Take a PureWrap (you can find these at MOM’s in Del Ray) and stuff it with 2 scrambled eggs and some sautéed green peppers and onions OR spinach greens with some walnuts and chopped apple and a splash of rice vinegar OR wrap one around your favorite link sausage
– Paleo Pancakes
2 ripe bananas
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1) In a medium-sized mixing bowl smash the bananas until smooth.
2) Add the remaining ingredients and whisk together until well blended.
3) Grease a large skillet or griddle with coconut oil and heat over medium heat. Scoop about 1/4 cup of the mix per pancake onto the hot griddle or skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side.